PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I find the cheese gets better flavor when cut into smaller pieces before putting it in the smoker...

rotfrotfrotf

We're having a party tomorrow and the 53 degree (and dropping) temperature right now is perfect for smoking some cheese.

I picked up some Kirkland, Costco's house brand, cheddar (yes @mawnansmiff , it's a proper English onepuffy ), some Kirkland Iberico, and some Cropwell Bishop Creamery blue Stilton. An initial taste of the Stilton was heavenly!

Got a mix of apple and hickory for the smoke.

1000011938.jpg

1000011939.jpg

1000011941.jpg

I plan on a good 6hours of cold smoke. I'll post the results tomorrow.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Sounds delightful. I saw a recipe for smoked eggs once I want to try on my Dads traiger one of these days. Will have to try that smoked cheddar at some point.

G

Gimlet

Smoked Stilton....? I like that idea. Should go well with a bowl of latakia.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Does it improve the Stilton and the Iberico?
I like both kinds of cheese so much as they are that I had never thought they could be enhanced.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
and some Cropwell Bishop Creamery blue Stilton
Ahh Stilton, known as the king of English cheeses and rightly so.

Cropwell Bishop Creamery have produced cheese for over 160 years so they know what they're doing!

I don't think I've ever had it smoked though I've has it soaked in vintage port which was glorious.

Jay.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
The cheddar was great as always. You really can't go wrong smoking a cheddar. Even our orange American version (extra sharp) when smoked is one of the best things you'll ever put on a burger.

The Stilton was fantastic. Smoked blue cheeses are a thing of their own. I can't explain it but if you like blues you'll love them smoked.

The Iberico! OMG! This just worked so well with the smoke! If you enjoy this cheese you've got to try it smoked!

1000011967.jpg