PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I will be heading up that way this week and there will be a B&M close to where I'll be called Barclay's. I was curious if anyone here has had any experience with this company. It will be the store on Federated Blvd. This will be the first B&M I've ever visited, I'm hoping they're a pretty good company.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Barclay's is good, but very small. Smoker's Haven is bigger, with couches, chairs and more of a "club" atmosphere. There's also Pipes & Pleasures.
Good luck!

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Hey Bigvan, I'm not sure the last time you were at Smoker's Haven, but it is almost an empty store. I think it has to do with some personal issues, but the last time I was there I didn't see but a handful of pipes and maybe 10 tins of tobacco, and it literally looked like the place was closing down. Might be worth a second look, but this was pretty recently.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
You're not that old are you, Van? It opened in 1940.
Joe Zieve did more for pipe smoking in America than probably any other man alive or dead.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Sorry JP, I was referring to the store on N. High street, which opened 6 or 7 years ago.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Hey Don, I have heard good things about Barclays from a friend that used to live there. I am also pretty sure that I have had an English blend of theirs as well. It was pretty darn good but a little strong for my liking. I live about 2 hours north of Columbus other wise I would say stop by for a smoke. Have fun!

dongreyface

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2011
Marietta, Ohio
I totally plan on checking out those other B&Ms bigvan, but being that I'll be in Columbus for business and I'm not the one driving there, I just found the closest one to out hotel. The guy who is driving up there is going to be nice enough to drive me there when we arrive, so I don't feel right asking him to drive all over Columbus just to satisfy my vice. But whenever I make it back to Columbus on my own time I will be visiting those other businesses(assuming SWMBO will let me). And brairbird, I am in the complete opposite direction of you....2 hours south of Columbus in a little town called Marietta.

Status
Not open for further replies.