PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I like to view the forums by “New Posts” and there are some sub-forums I’m not particularly interested (though I’m glad that guys have a place to discuss them here). Is there a way to make it so these sub-forums don’t appear in my “New Posts”?

• Haha
Reactions: telescopes

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I understand that to a degree, though for me, it's more a wish I could block just reaction notifications only for the WAYS thread. I don't want all react notifications blocked globally, just for my posts in that one thread, and I don't want quotes blocked from that thread.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do that, and it would probably take a lot to implement a feature where whenever you make a post, you can uncheck notifications for just that specific post.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I don't think I'll ever get to that point with any forum. The Harley forum I am on, I have been there nearly a decade, still don't live on it and that's my biggest hobby/part of my life.

Reactions: AroEnglish
Why would anyopne want to get notifications of when a new post is made. I can understand wanting to know if someone responds to a post that you made, or comments on a thread you started, but just all new posts... that's too much, IMO. I just peruse the "latest discussions" whenever I feel like being on the forum. I cannot think of a single thing that could be posted that I think would ruin my day if missed.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I had the same issue. What I did was, instead of blocking what I did not want to see, I "watched" the forums that I did want to see, I then choose "watched forums" from the forums drop down, and look at the new threads there, instead of just looking at all new posts.
This is an excellent thought. Thanks! It doesn't quite solve it for me as I want to still see every new post in those watched forums and not just new threads in the watched forum.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I wonder if it's possible to achieve this if we separate the various sub-forums? Like if we had PM Main, FS/FT, and then Other (Food, General, Cigar) could some some of the categories be blocked or hidden? And if not, could there be a "Mark All Read" for the section?

I'm really curious, because we must just use the forums way differently.
Which sections of this one forum do you want to follow that closely, and which ones bother you to see?
I mean, I just just peruse the most recent, and if I don't want to read one, I just don't.
I am just asking out of curiosity. What section would you want to be notified on?

edit: I honestly do not think of this as many forums, just one big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.