PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Honestly, it looks like someone dumped an entire lifetime worth of glass out in the woods. We have rented our house for almost 10 years now(the rent cannot be beat in Nashville) and I’m betting it was just dumped there after the last actual owner moved out. But it has been fun to comb through. And I have found about a dozen or so intact jars ranging somewhere between 60 and 90 years old, based off of Ball logo changes. Obviously, I’m kind of dorking out about this🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

I’ve used the ones in better shape for pipe related stuff. The cobs are in the one that had the least cosmetic issues, because I just don’t know what the fog and scratches in the others may hold.
View attachment 254169

This is one section that I’ve been digging through on and off the past couple of weeks. I’m in trouble if I fall… and the doggo is upset he can’t join me when we get into these areas.
View attachment 254170

And here’s cleaned up vs dug up
View attachment 254171

I have no idea what I’m doing with all of these. But I’m having fun doing it.
First...nice pipe holster.

Our house, before plumbing had an outhouse. About a dozen years ago I decided to dig where the outhouse was. I had to dig pretty deep (by hand with a shovel) and I found some old brown beer bottles, medicine bottles and some other jars etc.

I also used a metal detector around the yard and found an old axe head, a Hot Wheels car, pennies, square nails...nothing of any real value.

I would have a blast digging around by you.

Reactions: Mortamyhr

Mortamyhr

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2023
Nashville, TN
First...nice pipe holster.

Our house, before plumbing had an outhouse. About a dozen years ago I decided to dig where the outhouse was. I had to dig pretty deep (by hand with a shovel) and I found some old brown beer bottles, medicine bottles and some other jars etc.

I also used a metal detector around the yard and found an old axe head, a Hot Wheels car, pennies, square nails...nothing of any real value.

I would have a blast digging around by you.
Well, ew! But I get it!

I’m hoping to borrow a friends metal detector soon. An axe head is a pretty cool find!

Reactions: scloyd