PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Sadly I don't think you will find a proper B&M in Australia, anymore.
A quick google search only gives you 'smoke marts' that will sell cigarettes and such.

I think the only pipe tobacco you will get at those shops would be Amphora Full Aromas and Borkhum Riff etc.

The best option we have is actually in Melbourne, Victoria called Tobacco Blends/Cignall. They will have some Samuel Gawith stuff, Peterson, MacBaren and a little C&D. But expect to pay $150 AUD for a tin 😬

Are you staying in Adelaide?

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada
Sadly I don't think you will find a proper B&M in Australia, anymore.
A quick google search only gives you 'smoke marts' that will sell cigarettes and such.

I think the only pipe tobacco you will get at those shops would be Amphora Full Aromas and Borkhum Riff etc.

The best option we have is actually in Melbourne, Victoria called Tobacco Blends/Cignall. They will have some Samuel Gawith stuff, Peterson, MacBaren and a little C&D. But expect to pay $150 AUD for a tin 😬

Are you staying in Adelaide?
Too bad. Yes, I’ll be staying in Adelaide for a while. I could t find anything off a google search. Was hoping there might be a hidden gem.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
There used to be what appeared to be a very nice pipe shop with a sizeable pipe museum in Adelaide. Many of those items were moved to a local immigration museum when the shop closed. I have a display from that shop, but sadly, even years later, it and every unsmoked James Upshall pipe it contained still smell like a discarded slipper found in the corner of a damp Adelaide basement.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Wow, wonder how long till they change that .. 🙄😠

Pretty sad to see duty-free is only 25gm as well
Duty on tobacco imports is @USD$1 per gram
ie @USD$50 per 50 gm tin
+ Cost of tin @ USD 12 = USD$62

Price of 50gm tin purchased in Oz @AUD$145 = USD$100

Quite a saving
Plus much larger choice if buying in the States or the EU or UK