PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Looks like sugar to me.
If it's mold it'll smell like mold.
Makes sense but that hasn’t been my limited experience.
I had a tin of moldy baccy that smelled as I would expect it to about 6 months ago. It was obviously moldy; fuzzy circle and everything. Smelled just fine.
Maybe it wasn’t moldy enough to stink.

Reactions: Ebarber

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
Not necessarily. I’ve had tins that when opened were completely blanketed in fuzz. No moldy smell.
Interesting. Everything I've come across always smelled "off" and moldy.
Maybe different blends act differently.
I guess if it were fuzzy and known to be mold I guess I probably wouldn't have sniffed it.
Another thing I do if its slight is to look at it in the sunlight to look for sparkling crystals.

Last edited:

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
It never had a moldy smell and unfortunately Jeremy Reeves just confirmed it to be mold.

My intention for this post was not to start a debate but I have never seen this type of mold formation so I wanted to get some clarification because I thought maybe the tobacco was supposed to look that way.

Thankfully Jeremy cleared it up and hopefully this helps someone out in the future.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
It never had a moldy smell and unfortunately Jeremy Reeves just confirmed it to be mold.

My intention for this post was not to start a debate but I have never seen this type of mold formation so I wanted to get some clarification because I thought maybe the tobacco was supposed to look that way.

Thankfully Jeremy cleared it up and hopefully this helps someone out in the future.
I would have smoked that without hesitation 😂 Glad there are experts smarter than I out there! Greatly appreciate this thread - I’ve got a good dozen tins of this stored away, I’ll keep an eye out in the years/decades down the road as I slowly dip into the reserves.

saltydog1

Lurker
Dec 2, 2022

how did you get in touch with him ?

Reactions: eljimmy