PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Thank you Steve! Pipestud has done it again. I happen to be lucky enough to be perusing his website at just the right time and was able to procure a 1998 sealed tin of the famed Syrian Star.
I decided to smoke this tobacco as opposed to letting it sit in my cellar. Mostly because I have never had the opportunity to taste Syrian Latakia, unless it was a very minor ingredient, and I believe this was made from the "magical" batch that later burned up in a warehouse fire, not sure.
I wish I could translate for you the flavors I taste. It is without a doubt sublime, and very distinctly different from Cyprian Latakia. It has it's own uniqueness and qualities that are new to me, and no doubt will leave a lasting impression long after this tin is gone.
The tin was completely sealed and the tobacco was slightly moist and had a wonderful smokey aroma. The taste, I could tell had mellowed, but was still pronounced to me because it had a different flavor profile than Cyprian Latakia. It is heavenly. I chose to smoke the first bowl out of my Chris Askwith Apple which never fails in providing a great smoke.
Here are some pics to share..

:puffy:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Glad you are enjoying that Syrian Star, Monty. It was indeed one of PCCA's all-time original favorites. It even looks delicious in your photos!
Pipestud

Status
Not open for further replies.