PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1643495967303.png

Let me first start off that I am a huge aromatics fan. I read reviews that often start, "I'm not an aromatic fan, so here's my review on this aromatic." This is like saying that they're fans of nearly anorexic Kate Beckinsale, so here's my review on Rubenesque Kate Upton. I, for one, can appreciate Kate's curves.

That being said, 7 Seas by Mac Baren gets bad press, and I'm not sure why. Often stated as "over-rated" but I disagree in the same way the Beatles are not over-rated; though often heralded very often, there is reason for this.

A lot of reviews suggest 7 Seas Regular Blend is "vanilla and chocolate" but I disagree. To me, this is white chocolate.

Opening the tin plumes of olfactory delight waft through the nostrils and it smokes the way it smells; it is delightful. Tobacco in the can is a bit over-moist but does not require drying.

Medium to strong flavoring of chomping down on Ghirardelli Chocolate Company rich white chocolate dominate throughout the entire smoke in a good way without being synthetic that Eileen's Dream by CAO tries to pull off succeed balanced and pleasantly without being dominating. 1/3 rd of the bowl down pull in strong and surprising candied stewed plums drizzled in honey warmed over in a saucepan like a surprising welcome guest which go away back to the white chocolate it starts with.

Nicotine is a bit above medium and burns a bit warmer than normal but not hot with zero tongue bite off my Peterson XL-90. This could probably benefit from a Churchwarden perhaps to enrich the experience. Stayed lit the entire smoke with zero re-lights down to the dottle.

I can see why people refer to the vanilla and chocolate overtones here, but the Cavendish always creates this effect. You could say, "Vanilla with fine cocoa powder" and I could understand this, but I refuse to "copy paste" someone else's review to be relevant for the sake of seeming correct.

Strongly recommended (if you like Kate Upton).

This tobacco blend is anything but "regular" and is understated and underappreciated. This is a fine aromatic.

Jacob74

Lifer
Dec 22, 2019
Killeen, TX
I've been working my way through a tin in lieu of my standby Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks for the review!

Reactions: username

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Great review, thanks for that! I have only Gold and Black, neither of which I have gotten around to trying. You've certainly made it a tempting proposition for me to buy the other three and complete the set. Eileen's Dream was a total bust for me, but I'm certainly not averse to the concept. The plum/honey change midway through is definitely intriguing...I love it when there's a change like that, which then reverts and finishes with the original. Cool stuff.

Enjoy the rest of it!

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob