PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wales smoker

Lurker
Nov 28, 2022
An order with 4noggins went without sending for 4 day, ok perhaps a local problem, an email went unanswered but order despatched.
Now 13 days later it is stuck at GlobalPost.
GlobalPost haven’t answered my email, and needless to say neither has 4Noggins.
You do wonder what 4Noggins think of their customers, it seems not a lot.
Previous orders to UK have arrived in c.10 days.
Looks like I will have to give up on trying US blends, a shame as it’s interesting trying ones not available in UK.
If any US members have any suggestions I will be grateful to hear.

• Wow
Reactions: jbfrady

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
An order with 4noggins went without sending for 4 day, ok perhaps a local problem, an email went unanswered but order despatched.
Now 13 days later it is stuck at GlobalPost.
GlobalPost haven’t answered my email, and needless to say neither has 4Noggins.
You do wonder what 4Noggins think of their customers, it seems not a lot.
Previous orders to UK have arrived in c.10 days.
Looks like I will have to give up on trying US blends, a shame as it’s interesting trying ones not available in UK.
If any US members have any suggestions I will be grateful to hear.
Other US based vendors worth using are. LJ. Peretti, Watch City Cigar, Smoking Pipes.com, Cup O Joes, The Country Squire, Tobacco Pipes.com , Iwan Ries and many others that Im sure someone will also mention.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
13 days vs 10 doesn’t seem like a big deal and you know where it is - not sure why you would think the seller needs to be called out for actually fulfilling your order (unless you later find something it did caused a problem, but not saying that would necessitate running to the keyboard).

My suggestion is a pint, some bread and cheese and a little patience.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
4 days for processing the order to ship doesn’t sound all that bad to me, honestly. Maybe I’m old school, but anything in the first week or so of placing the order is fine by me, it’s not Amazon after all!

I think we’re a little too primed for instant gratification nowadays. It’s pipe tobacco, not insulin 😉

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
4 days for processing the order to ship doesn’t sound all that bad to me, honestly. Maybe I’m old school, but anything in the first week or so of placing the order is fine by me, it’s not Amazon after all!

I think we’re a little too primed for instant gratification nowadays. It’s pipe tobacco, not insulin 😉
And based on some of the seller's negative feedback from many on here, this actually makes them look pretty good! I've never had a problem, but haven't ordered from them for a long, long time since there are plenty of domestic sources that are less expensive and blenders than have what I want and all of it ships very promptly.

wales smoker

Lurker
Nov 28, 2022
Other US based vendors worth using are. LJ. Peretti, Watch City Cigar, Smoking Pipes.com, Cup O Joes, The Country Squire, Tobacco Pipes.com , Iwan Ries and many others that Im sure someone will also mention.
Thanks, I may well check them out.

Reactions: PaulRVA

wales smoker

Lurker
Nov 28, 2022

Old school surely is treating your customers with respect. Like answering emails.

wales smoker

Lurker
Nov 28, 2022
13 days vs 10 doesn’t seem like a big deal and you know where it is - not sure why you would think the seller needs to be called out for actually fulfilling your order (unless you later find something it did caused a problem, but not saying that would necessitate running to the keyboard).

My suggestion is a pint, some bread and cheese and a little patience.
I see so once the seller sends it off then good bye and good luck. I have run a book business for over 30 years and any problems I have from customers I at least try and help.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I know 4Noggins hasn’t got the best rap around here. I’ve recently done 3 separate orders, in the past few months, all 3 arrived without one hiccup, and fast.

I was actually quite surprised, so maybe they are turning things around.

For now I’m happy to keep ordering from them.

Just wish their Consignment tins were realistically priced, pricing on those is quite absurd.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I see so once the seller sends it off then good bye and good luck. I have run a book business for over 30 years and any problems I have from customers I at least try and help.
What do you expect them to do with Global Post? Sounds like they shipped reasonably quickly and have done all they can. Not everyone has had good experiences, but this one sounds okay.

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hey man, I’m in NZ and waiting is just a part of it. Sometimes it takes 3 or more weeks, recently some packages have been 7 days door to door. Some arrive in NZ and then seem to go on a tour back to France or the states again and then come back here. I never mind, as long as they eventually turn up, and I try not to stress out by watching the tracking too closely!

Reactions: Pip'n'Piper

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
USPS has my SunBear Tupelo since 08/01/23.
4noggins had my old address in their shipping linked via PayPal (somehow, even though I had changed my address in PP and received quite a few things using that payment elsewhere).
I filed a “lost mail” claim, but have heard nothing-not directly Jeff’s fault, just unhappy coincidence.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Under previous management, 4noggins was routinely prompt and had a reputation for getting orders shipped out of the U.S. without delay. Apparently, those skills left with the previous owner, according to the grumbling I've heard. I am not frantic to get orders, but an email saying they have received the order is promising, and a notice of shipment is reassuring, not weeks after the order is sent.

4noggins used to have brands that weren't readily available otherwise, like Parker and Hardcastle. Now I think not so much. But they are still in business, so maybe they do well with direct sales more than online.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian