2012 NASPC Photo Tour (pic heavy of course)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I had a great time and got to meet Hawk, Bigvan, JC and Briarbird. It was my first show and it was hard to know where to start. I was there for 7 hours and didn't buy anything until I had been there for four! I guess I wanted to see it all first. All of the guys I met were really cool and it was just one heck of a day! Thanks to all the guys I met and for the guys I missed, it wasn't intentional there was just a lot to soak in. Bigvan's advice on waiting a bit to get a deal definitely paid off too! I did well and here's what I ended up with:
sdc18623-600x450.jpg

Here's a closer shot of the freehand, which is a cayuga from Paul's Pipe Shop:
sdc18619-600x450.jpg

Our digital camera is not great but here's my new Luciano, man I love black grain!
sdc18618-600x450.jpg

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
nice score!! looks like you'll be set for a while on the tobacco. im regretting not buy more at this point, especially after i went home and checked what it would cost to order more. also wanted to pick up some tampers and the like but got caught up in the pipes! next year i suppose

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah, I came close to a third pipe and was like...uhhh, I need tobacco so I picked some up. It was great to have a smoke with you brother. Next year for sure. I am planning on bringing 3-4 other guys with me from my neck of the woods as well.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
sounds like a plan. we can head to my house afterwards if your interested and head down to the man cave

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Looks like a great show! I hope to make next years and also the KC and St. Louis shows. How come I can't see bigvans pics? Says they have been deleted or moved.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Couldn't make it to this one, but I'm all set up for the CORPS in Richmond this October. Maybe some of us on the forum can meet up there.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Thanks for the photos, I'm sure it was a great time. I'm looking forward to the CORPS show for sure. There's a Skoda pipe in your pictures that I'd love to scoop for sure.

garageb08

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2012
Great pics guys. It was a great show, had lots of fun smoking, browsing, buying, and talking with everyone. Even got to sell off some of my refurbed estate pipes....thanks Judd! I was nervous at first wasn't sure they would go over, first time and all. I'll have to get a table next time. Great seeing familiar faces from Chicago, and nice meeting Briarbird, awesome craftmanship!! I am going to save for one of those in Chicago next year..."Magpie" maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.