Recommend a "Goopy" Tobacco... for Science!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
I recently acquired a block meerschaum pipe which smokes very cool and dry without much effort. I'm a wet smoker so I typically use filters in the bowl or stem but this pipe eliminates the need for that as it seems to absorb like a sponge. I've smoked several bowls in succession and it remains dry as a bone when I wipe out the chamber...

I'd like to really put it to the test with some "goopy" blends - tobacco that leaves a lot of resin behind or maybe needs a fair bit of drying (I would just smoke it out of the tin in that case). I think most aromatics may fall under this category but I'm open to any suggestions for my next order.

Dusk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2019
Undah Da Sea
Lane BCA and Molto Dolce.
I smoke BCA regularly but the pipe drinks it all in and there's just ash at the end. However, I looked up Molto Dolce and that one is definitely on the list.

Most Samuel Gawith blends come quite moist, but I wouldn't call them goopy per se. The most goopy thing I've ever tried is Sutliff Pumpkin Spice.
I'd love to try out some SG but it's never in stock... Not sure if I could get through a tin of pumpkin spice so hopefully it's in bulk.

Anything in the Macbaren 7 Seas line. The flavor of the Royal variety is best I think, but impossible to get dry.
I've smoked a Macbaren cherry blend but it was dry compared to my briars. I actually got to smoke it down to bottom which is rare without filters. I'll have a look at 7 Seas as I'm guessing they have heavy rum/liqueur casings.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Sutliff Creme Brûlée. This stuff stained the baggie brown and never dries. At least mine didn’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusk

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A member kindly sent me a sample of Molto Dolce, which is definitely goopy, and I enjoyed it, but wouldn't buy a tin. It's just too much flavoring, with the tobacco just a hint. Since I smoke mostly non-aromatic, and a few select aromatics, I don't run into goopy much. I tend to dry out my dry tobacco. To me, it burns better and has better flavor.

Reactions: Dusk
Status
Not open for further replies.