PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Watching an episode of Bat Masterson. Had to laugh because one character on this show was smoking a Kaywoodie. More often than not, you see people smoking Petersons in old westerns. And they always have a p-lip, lol.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
First time trying Half & Half (unless i did 35 years ago, but don't think so). Wow that's a nice pouch note - if that isn't what tobacco is supposed to smell like then I'm an IronMonkey's uncle. ;) Super easy to light... smokes easily. Flavor is very soft. "Inoffensive" jumps to mind. Just first few puffs, mind you, but I think I'd want to fortify this.. It does have a little edge on my tongue..
IMG_6874.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke “Straight Virginia” in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This is Back Bay with no perique. John Brandt made it for me upon my request.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
First time trying Half & Half (unless i did 35 years ago, but don't think so). Wow that's a nice pouch note - if that isn't what tobacco is supposed to smell like then I'm an IronMonkey's uncle. ;) Super easy to light... smokes easily. Flavor is very soft. "Inoffensive" jumps to mind. Just first few puffs, mind you, but I think I'd want to fortify this.. It does have a little edge on my tongue..
View attachment 294430
I’m a little past halfway through my first pouch of it, was a bit zippy on the tongue first couple of smokes.
Interesting change of pace now and again. Pouch lives in my truck console now for a quick commuter codger scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.