PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
@Backwoods Briar Nice pipe and Five Brothers seems a popular baccy choice for a clay. A long stem clay is best for Jason the blacksmith to light with an ember from his forge:) Going to meet him at the Viking re-enactments at Cromford Mill and Elvaston Castle this year; I've told him I'll have my pipe ready!
Hey King, that Looks like the perfect place to smoke a clay filled with good baccy

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Morning everyone, I started the day with PS Bullseye in a K Super Grain with shank logo, I’m really loving this blend and fortunately have some more on the way.
I’m getting ready to walk WeeBay with Dark Annie in the rusticated Yello Bole with yellow circle logo and Solani 633 in the other YB which is made of Algerian briar. I’ll finish my coffee first, Lavazza Rosso today. View attachment 284003
@Birddog66 Brookfield No.2 in a clay. Mixed some of the OTC with the Villiger Jamaican. The Cavaliers & Roundheads say you don't want a baccy that burns like gunpowder:) Got Steak & Ale Pie & honey roast carrots for dinner - very medieval!

RPK

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
Finishing up some reading this morning and some leftover Evening Flake. Coffee black. And a quote out of the book.

“But experience is he best teacher, hunger good sauce, and I really think to be acquainted with misery contributes to the enjoyment of happiness, and to know one's self greatly facilitates the knowledge of mankind. One thing I often console myself with, and that is, the earth will lie as hard upon the monarch as it will upon the hunter, and I have no assurance that it will lie upon me at all. My bones may, in a few years, or perhaps days, be bleaching upon the plains in these regions, like many of my occupation, without a friend to turn even a turf upon them after a hungry wolf has finished his feast.”
Thank you for posting the lines above from the book, they are very thought provoking.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
@Scottmi Nantwich was fantastic! Got to meet 2 re-enactors I'd smoked a clay with before, at Bolsover Castle in 2019 & Nottingham Pipe Show 2022. It was VERY windy the day I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle; Dad says I spent all day trying to light my clay:)
Excellent! Sounds like successful weekend all around. Did you have final victory over the wind?

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Morning everyone, I started the day with PS Bullseye in a K Super Grain with shank logo, I’m really loving this blend and fortunately have some more on the way.
I’m getting ready to walk WeeBay with Dark Annie in the rusticated Yello Bole with yellow circle logo and Solani 633 in the other YB which is made of Algerian briar. I’ll finish my coffee first, Lavazza Rosso today. View attachment 284003
Those are some mighty fine Yello-Boles.

Status
Not open for further replies.