PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
A different Barling pick axe, this one was brought for the equivalent of $7 but needed a shank repair and Geoff at Cambridge pipe repair fitted the gold band to make it look like a army mount but it’s actually a push tenon. It made it one of my most expensive pipes at the time but he did a great job. Filled with McClelland Balkan Beauty. image.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am passing the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Is your Kaywoodie stamped “Straight Grain” by any chance? If so I’d love to see some pictures, they’re among the highest end of pipes they produced and I love mine, very difficult to find too.

Stamping is somewhat buffed out and hard to read. One side reads 'EXPORT' over 'Super Grain' (I think) in script with 'KAYWOODIE' under that. Other side is stamped 'IMPORTED BRIAR' over '42'. It appears to be a factory push stem and I didn't get a stinger with it. I don't know much about it past that and don't remember where I got it.

IMG_4509.JPGIMG_4510.JPGIMG_4508.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.