PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
I have 5, two of which are rarely played. One of the two was my first electric, a cheap Jackson JS-30 Warrior in metallic red. The other is my first guitar ever, an Epiphone AJ-15-NA.
PXL_20230823_195350034.jpg

My three other guitars are all Kiesel customs. One is a 6-string UltraV, mahogany neck and body with stainless steel frets and ebony fingerboard with mother of pearl dot inlays, 14" neck radius, thin neck profile painted and gloss necks, Floyd Rose tremolo with a Hipshot tremsetter installed, DiMarzio X2N bridge pickup. The next is a 6-string X220 with all the same specs as the UltraV except for it's a fixed-bridge and a 12" neck radius (and it has black hardware instead of chrome, was supposed to be chrome but the guy that took the order f-ed it up). Both are gloss black.
PXL_20230823_195948401.jpg

My last one is a 7-string multiscale Aries with the body bevel deleted, mahogany body with burled maple topwood and a body binding effect (not real binding, just an unpainted edge to look like it has binding), translucent red with a thin translucent black burst around the top only, 5 piece maple and mahogany neck (natural, gloss finish), ebony fingerboard with mother of pearl inlays, stainless steel frets, thinner neck profile and a Seymour Duncan Nâzgul bridge pickup, and the electronics cover on the back is ebony. This one looks much better in person, very hard to photograph. Oh also, the side dots on this one will glow in the dark (but not the fingerboard dots).
20106704_1938590969757529_7837982163167853496_n.jpgimg_1_1692822754463.jpgPXL_20230823_200404505.jpgPXL_20230823_200434341.jpg

Last edited:

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have two and I can't play either one of them. I still enjoy trying.

2018 Alvarez Grateful Dead
IMG_20230823_160549.jpg

Cordoba C5
IMG_20230823_160858.jpg

I enjoy the Cordoba more than the Alvarez. I like the way it feels and the sound. I thought about selling the Alvarez, probably just keep it though...I hate the hassle of selling stuff.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
As to amplification, I have a Blackstar HT Stage 100 head running stereo into a Bugera 4x12" angled cab. No effects pedals. Also didn't mention the neck pups on my guitars because I don't use them, but on the Kiesels, it's their standard Kiesel Lithium neck pickups.

I almost exclusively play extreme metal, and don't play very well anymore (neuroleptic-induced pseudo parkinsonism or whatever they call it now). You can see/hear them in action if you want, I have covers and originals on the YouTube, if you're so inclined (fair warning though, I'm pretty mediocre): https://m.youtube.com/@Sardonicus/featured

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
As to amplification, I have a Blackstar HT Stage 100 head running stereo into a Bugera 4x12" angled cab. No effects pedals. Also didn't mention the neck pups on my guitars because I don't use them, but on the Kiesels, it's their standard Kiesel Lithium neck pickups.

I almost exclusively play extreme metal, and don't play very well anymore (neuroleptic-induced pseudo parkinsonism or whatever they call it now). You can see/hear them in action if you want, I have covers and originals on the YouTube, if you're so inclined (fair warning though, I'm pretty mediocre): https://m.youtube.com/@Sardonicus/featured
I listened to The Doors - A Feast for Friends and Mayhem - Freezing Moon.
Damn... you're good. 👍

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
My main acoustic, an Eastman E8D Dreadnought. I bought this after buying my (former) dream guitar, a Guild D-55 that I ended up not enjoying that much. I sold it and bought the Eastman for a third of the price of the Guild, and to my ears it has much better tone.
IMG_2895.jpeg

My most recent purchase, Eastman AC330 twelve-string. I love the big full sound of a twelve string. Plus it's great for Gordon Lightfoot and John Denver tunes! That's Opal in the background.
IMG_2896.jpeg

The guitar that started it all when I was about twelve years old; my mom's Yamaha FG-335 that she bought in the 70's. Not sure which year. She showed me a few chords on it and the rest is history! It doesn't sound that great (laminate, not solid wood), but the sentiment is important and I like the woody sound it has. Reminds me of sound of Dylan's acoustic on his first couple of records.
IMG_2894.jpeg

My electric guitar that I use on recordings once in a while. An Epiphone ES-339. Plays great aside from having trouble staying in tune (though every electric I've owned has had that issue, so I won't hold it against this guitar). IMG_2897.jpeg

Last but not least, my beautiful bass guitar! A Squire Vintage Jazz Bass. I love the look of this thing, and I love playing it. Laying down bass lines is definitely my favorite part of the recording process. Side note: my favorite bass playing and tone of all time is on the Jim Croce song 'I Got A Name'.
IMG_2898.jpeg

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
Here are the two in my household:

This is my Washburn HD71SCEG-O. Solid Cedar top that sounds great for fingerpicking (which is how I prefer to play). Ovangkol back and sides and onboard electronics. One of the tuning machines broke in the move across the country, so I replaced them all with locking Grovers. Restringing has never been so easy and it stays in tune much better.

I love the sound of this guitar and actually took the time to learn some basics and a handful of songs. I'm not great, but I can play respectably around a campfire.

IMG_E3393[1].JPG

This is my 13 year-old son's Fender Player Strat Polar White w/ Pau Ferro Fingerboard. He used to have an Epiphone Les Paul Trad Pro Cherry Sunburst (I loved that guitar) but he sold it because he really preferred the sound of the Fender.

He saved his own money and even sold his Playstation 5 to buy it.
IMG_E3392[1].JPG

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
LOL I never liked those pick guards either! How do you like the Blueridge? I've considered them in the past but never had a chance to play one.
I really like it. My original plan was to buy this one to learn on, and when I got good enough, buy a d-28. After hearing a top notch flatpicker play my blueridge and his pre-war D-28 back and forth, and then tell me I had a damn good guitar, I think I can live with my Chinese Martin.