PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Every year after the playoffs are over, there's a season ending press conference where it comes out what injuries the guys have been playing through. It's always something that would absolutely cripple a normal human being, let alone something one would volunteer to work through to be able to get their name on a trophy.

Athletes are different.
I'd say NHL athletes are different. NBA, NFL, etc aren't is tough as hockey players.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I missed the game as my internet was down.

FLA was down 3-1 to Boston and came back to win that series. So don't count them out yet.
Well, don’t place bets with real money on that.

Vegas is rolling, but more importantly Florida had at least four players who are hurt.

The Chucky Doll is really hurt. He could barely hold a stick. He’s not game changing anything in that configuration.

I’d say Florida’s magic run is done.

BUT, it isn’t over until my X sings.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Every year after the playoffs are over, there's a season ending press conference where it comes out what injuries the guys have been playing through. It's always something that would absolutely cripple a normal human being, let alone something one would volunteer to work through to be able to get their name on a trophy.

Athletes are different.
A couple years ago Alec Martinez broke his foot and had to be wheel chaired around but strapped up and played hockey.

Pure insanity

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thats going to be epic, good for you, savor it! I was in a hotel in NY, when the Caps won (work).
Argh...work during your team's 1st cup win is the WORST. This happened to me in 2012...I was non-union background (the most integral part of any TV production! :ROFLMAO:) on the set of The Campaign when the Kings won their first. That was bad enough, but if I had freed up the day of Game 6 well in advance, I wouldn't have gotten booked for the job, and I would have been able to take up the offer from a friend of a FREE TICKET RIGHT BEHIND THE 1st/3rd PERIOD NET!!! It's one of those things that can never be lived down...I'll always look back on that first week of June and shake my head in agony. 😩

JackOrion

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2023
West Yonkers California
I will say the guy that sings the national anthem for the knights is hands down the best I’ve ever heard. He actually sings it as it’s written and does so masterfully.

Usually it’s someone that sounds like they’re auditioning for the king of crap shows, American Idol and a strong case can be made that these people aren’t even singing the Anthem.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I will say the guy that sings the national anthem for the knights is hands down the best I’ve ever heard. He actually sings it as it’s written and does so masterfully.

Usually it’s someone that sounds like they’re auditioning for the king of crap shows, American Idol and a strong case can be made that these people aren’t even singing the Anthem.
Carnell “Golden Pipes” Johnson

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon