PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am now smoking year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a 2017 smooth, straight medium brown made in France Comoy’s Riband 298 Canadian with a black vulcanite tapered stem.
Comoy_Riband298_Canadian copy.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
The tin of Richmond Navy Cut is close to its end. I have some of it in my only pipe with bamboo, another Greek made GL pipe, from the friend and carver Mr George Leousis. I find the shape thin, fine and elegant.
Greek language has 3 genders: masculine, feminine, neutral. The pipe is a feminine, in Greek "πίπα", in Latin alphabet "pipa" but sounds like "peepa". There is another word, a neutral one, in Greek "τσιμπούκι" ("tsimbouki") - sounds like "cheemboukee". This comes from the Turkish "çubuk", Greeks have lived under (together with) the Turks for 400 years, and hundreds Turkish words are used in Greek. But "çubuk" in Turkish does not mean smoking pipe, it means a wooden stick or a tree branch. This makes sense if you think of the very long pipes of the Ottoman Empire era (as presented in paintings and drawings). Anyway, this second word ("tsimbouki") is seldom used anymore, everybody say "pipa".
And to me personally, the pipe is definitely a "She". Especially this one.
But enough with the grammar. Let's smoke. And enjoy the weekend.
Greetings from Athens, good people.

GL Pipe - RNC tobacco.JPG

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My daughter is asleep so I have some rare time right now.

Making the most of it with some DT SVH in my "Happy Hedgehog Smoking A Pipe And Drinking A Beer" meerschaum by carver S. Yanik.

Enjoying a glass of glass of A. de Fussigny Selection Cognac and listening to "The Thing From The Barrens" on Horrorbabble's you tube channel.

View attachment 69255

View attachment 69256

Pure bliss!
I love the hedgehog carving! I am partial to owls when it comes to animals, sp maybe I should get an owl carved meer.

Now smoking a ~50/50 mix of GL Pease Odyssey and Samuel Gawith Brown No. 4 in a Castello Sea Rock KK 35

20210305_220843.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am now smoking D&R Penhooker in a 2018 smooth Peterson Premiere 312 billiard full bend silver cap military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem and p-lip. A cup of hot tea is my drink.
Peterson_Premiere312 copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.