PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEP7cv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2020
Portugal
So, there was a guy I saw that was smoking a bowl, and after a while, in the end of the second third, stuffs more tobacco there and proceeds to light it and kept going... How normal is it? Seemed not that ethical to me..

I know that each one does his thing but.. just asking...

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So, there was a guy I saw that was smoking a bowl, and after a while, in the end of the second third, stuffs more tobacco there and proceeds to light it and kept going... How normal is it? Seemed not that ethical to me..

I know that each one does his thing but.. just asking...
No

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
It’s not something I do that regularly but ironically I did this morning. Probably only do this in my cob - not cos it’s taboo in a briar but more the mindset I’m in when smoking a cob. Today I was halfway through some FVF and topped up with homegrown burley plug. Wanted to both balance out the smoke to my tastes and also gauge the impact/flavour of the burley itself.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not usual, but also not heinous.

I did it a couple of days ago. The dottle wouldn't knock out, and it was decently dry in the heel.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't see an ethical question here. Is this a good way to get a satisfying smoke? Most would say no. The goal there is to get an ember burning well until most or all of the tobacco is gone, while it delivers good taste. Usually, adding tobacco on top of the ember isn't effective in this regard. But no ethics are involved one way or the other. No ethics were harmed in smoking that pipe.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I only met one guy who did that. I think he smoked the whole time he was awake, just kept piling it on top. Another odd thing was he would never trim back his cake, he would just smoke until the diameter of his bowl was too tight to get his pipe tool down into (or I assume crack, but the ones I saw were in one piece). What was hilarious was he made the statement "I can't figure out how that happens?" even after being told and shown how to ream a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.