PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Hello all,

I’ve not posted in a while as I’m in ‘cigar season’. However, one of our members, “Panhandler” (Randy) passed very unexpectedly due to a heart attack. He was a good friend of mine both on and off the forum (we met here). He was a pilot, a father, and a husband.

I am working with his widow to organize and sell his tobacco estate. His collection is good sized, with lots of goodies from Esoterica to original Dunhill. A lot of it is in tins or the original packaging. Some is in mason jars, and I do know he was a stickler when it came to storing his tobacco.

Soon I will be posting these items for sale in the buy/sell forum. All of the proceeds will be going directly to his widow. We’re working to set her up a PayPal account. I hope you all get an opportunity to see what all she has for sale.

Thank you!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I hope his collection finds a happy home with someone who can appreciate as well as it sounds like he did. All the best to the family.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and rogers

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I think he registered as rdavid. Unfortunately, with the changeover we lost aliases and were reset to sign up names. I just can't fathom that guy not being around anymore; I always pictured him as a younger guy, maybe even younger than yours truly.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Thank you all for the warm responses. His widow has a link to this thread so I know she’ll be seeing them too. She and Randy were some of the nicest and most down-to-earth folks I’ve met.

And yes, “rdavid” was the same poster as “Panhandler” as one of you kindly pointed out (thank you). He was a professional pilot and lived in the panhandle of Florida. His passing was very sudden and unexpected. He was in his latter 50s.

Status
Not open for further replies.