Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's a tiny part of my stash from the Chicago Pipe Show. I think I brought home about 10 pounds of assorted tobaccos and several cigars as well, plus a bunch of t-shirts. They tagged my suitcase with a HEAVY tag on the way home. They did not do that on the way to Chicago.
In the photo below, from the top down:
1. 45-year old Burley that literally tastes like candy and sweet, fruity port wine from Steven Books.
2. Obsidian Pipe Stem Oil from our own Resident Comedian, Haunted Myst. (Mac Baren Pipe Cleaners behind it.)
3. Mac Baren HH Highland Blend - the first 500 tins are numbered, signed by Per Jensen, and specially marked; "Launch at Chicagoland Pipe Show May 2011.
What's really cool is that I got #2 of 500, and #499 of 500. (Per keeps #1 and #500 for himself.)
4. Luigi Viprati Poker purchased from Joel Shurtleff at http://thebriarpipe.com
5. Brebbia Rusticated Calabash also from Joel.
6. Handmade Wooden ballpoint pen made by and gifted to me from Winton. It writes great and feels good in my hand. I've been using it all day.
7. Tamper with Whitetail Deer Browthine. That's the small antlers that are in front.
kevin-chicago-stash.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Luigi Viprati is a very nice man. I met him a day or two before the New Orlean's show.

I like him, for two reasons.

First: He's very very talented.

Second: He's just a little off center in his pipe subject matter. (remember the "lips" pipes?) :D
viprati-dali-2011-360.jpg

Nice pick-ups Kevin.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@schmitzbitz

looking forward to your thoughts on the new MacB offering.
I did a pre-release review on March 16 - Mac Baren HH Highland Blend Review
We post so much information that I can't even keep up with it!
@mowens

Man I bet that 45 year tobacco is sweet...
It is LITERALLY SWEET, like candy.
I swore I wasn't going to buy any pipes, then two things happened.
1. I was going to be charged $200 for electric and internet for the table, but then they messed up and forgot to password protect it. I told them I connected without logging in, and they said it will be no charge then. So it was like finding $200, since I already wrote it out of my account.
2. Then Joel Shurtleff yells out a "Hello Kevin!" as I'm flying by his table at 90 miles per hour, not paying attention to his wares at all. But then I stop to say hello.
I do the same thing with pipes that I do with women. They all catch my attention, and I fall in love too fast.
I instantly liked 4 pipes. I took all four back to show Cynthia and Bubba. I liked the Viprati Poker the best. Although I like the most traditional shapes and styles the best, different colored stems always catch my attention. However, Cynthia and Bubba both liked the Brebbia Calabash the best, so I got both.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I have 2 Brebbia pipes myself, love them.

And I absolutely love MacBaren Highland Blend !

Smokingpipes.com threw in a free sample on my last order, and earned a LOT of futrue business from me !

Enjoy your acquisitions Kevin, looks great to me !

Status
Not open for further replies.