PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Well I was killing time whilst I am stuck here in Florida and I added yet another 6 1/2 meerschaum 'cutty' pipe courtesy of Ebay. I won't see it until I get back up North in early November since it will be waiting for me with the other pipe I picked up last month but I suppose it is some compensation for having to give up sunshine for rotten NYC weather!

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Well I was killing time whilst I am stuck here in Florida and I added yet another 6 1/2 meerschaum 'cutty' pipe courtesy of Ebay. I won't see it until I get back up North in early November since it will be waiting for me with the other pipe I picked up last month but I suppose it is some compensation for having to give up sunshine for rotten NYC weather!

View attachment 6429
I'm always looking for these on eBay but they never come up in my search! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I'm always looking for these on eBay but they never come up in my search! How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking
Not a whole lot. On average between $45-$60. I have seen them go for stupid money in the $150+ range. I have been buying and collecting them since the mid 1980s when everyone else was paying crazy money for the carved ones and no one wanted the humble clay pipe style. Now everyone seems to have got in on the act. You can see pictures on my infrequently updated blog 'all things cutty' but beware of catching the 'cutty' bug!

Reactions: Mr.Mike