Yet Another Fecking Meerschaum 'Cutty' Pipe From Condor!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have this theory that if every pipe you own looks the same no one including ones wife or significant other half will ever work out how much you are spending on pipes! Well here for your amusement and enjoyment is one I picked up last week. The silver work on the shank is a period repair and the amber stem screws into the shank without any trace of wobble which is unusual. The case is sound with both hinges present and closes which is getting more and more unusual these days. The pipe breathes well and the bowl is not jammed up with too much clinker or general accumulation of crud. The pipe dates from the early to mid 1890s and is in every way the classic 'cutty' style and represents the usual high standards of the Parisian pipe makers of that era.
one_zps6e71a371.jpg

two_zps36ba1159.jpg

three_zpsf9740549.jpg

Anyway I thought the pictures might brighten up your Sunday morning before you are dragged off to Sunday school or forced to eat your greens or any of the other horrible things I associate with Sundays from my childhood. :)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Wonderful idea on pipes looking alike, genius in that Simon. The Band is Beautiful as is the pipe. Thank you for starting out my Sunday morning with a little ray of Beauty.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Condor, I'll admit that I'm not a huge meer fan, but those old meers of yours are awesome! I love the cutty shape to begin with and I think that it lends itself to meerschaum pipes. In my opinion, it's the perfect shape for a meer pipe. The silver band is just frosting on the cake. Congrats!
Someday, I'm going to have to get one of those cutty meers and some Condor tobacco and experience what you've been experiencing all this time! :puffy:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
condor, great looking cutty. I was watching that one, too (but not bidding as the price went up). Any idea why it was marked "Irish Pipe" like that? That part really had me stumped.

Jun 4, 2014
Very nice pipe! I agree with your theory about wives/significant others, I find it applies not only to pipes, but to firearms, tools and variety other thing.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thank you gents. I have god knows how many now but I could do a 1/2 year rotation with great ease all in meerschaum 'cutty' pipes. I have a batch at the menders which should find their way home in the next month or so and some of those are truly beautiful examples of the French 'cutty' carvers art. I will also be unloading a bunch of non 'cutty' early 20th century meerschaum and amber cased pipes most in the form of billiards. They are all well colored and have been accumulated by me over the last thirty years and as I don't smoke them very often I figured I would give others the chance to give them a new home. Anyway thank you for your kind comments and have a good week and for those of us up north, try and keep warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.