PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
IrishSeconds.jpg

Won this pipe earlier this week! Took the picture outside so the texture can be seen better! It's an Irish Seconds, looks great! Anyone smoked one of these before? Got it under $25.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
+1 on what they said. Irish Seconds are Petersons and can be very good value for the money
http://thepetersoncollector.blogspot.com/2010/08/irish-seconds.html

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
That's a great looking pipe!
Irish Seconds are Petersons and can be very good value for the money
They sure are, I would warn though, in my experience, the draft hole drilling can sometimes be subpar on Pete seconds.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Thanks everyone! Going to try it out this weekend, just giving it a cleaning right now.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
This past Monday I finally had a chance to smoke my Irish Seconds Pipe! I tried Davidoff Flake Medallions tobacco. Wonderful smoker this pipe! The flavor drew very easy and I only relit the tobacco about 4 times. I smoked the pipe for about 30-40 mins on one bowl. This pipe was well worth the price, I think this one will be one of my favorites.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
My local B&M has a few Irish Seconds, but they're all smooth and have LOTS of pits and fills. I think your sandblast looks a LOT better.
Enjoy.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Thanks bigvan, I found another Irish Seconds at a Flea Market, paid 3 bucks for it cause the stem it has isn't the right one. So now goes the hunt for the right stem for it. This one is a straight billiard with a smooth finish.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
This one smoked great and lasted a long time! A wonderful smoke! Plan on buying more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.