PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey guys I'm in the market for a new pipe lighter. My last 18 dollar pipe lighter died. I have a zippo and know they have a lifetime guarantee, but I'm interested in a nice Butane. What are you guys using? What do you like? Prices? I'de definitely like something nice and my birthday is coming up but it will have to be less than $100. Thanks

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Xikar lighters are well within your price range and they offer a lifetime replacement guarantee. And you WILL take advantage of the guarantee, probably many times over.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I like xikar... i use their torches for cigar, never had to send it back. I also have their pipe lighter with the tools on it. Its pretty good, i only wish the butane flow adjustment was easier to use.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Perhaps a butane insert for the Zippo?
I still have my Vertigo Briar but the flame does not adjust anymore, perhaps the nozzle is clogged. Had it for a year and a half now, definitely got my $20 worth out of it.
Almost a year ago I managed to trade a member here a bunch of empty tins a a few full ones ( IIRC ) for a gold plated Dunhill Rollagas. I had it serviced by ARS for $120 including return shipping and a can of gas, and it's been working like a champ since. You can get a refurbed one for 150 - 200 ( bit more than your budget ) HERE

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I bought an $18 dollar job a bought a year ago and it is slowly dying. I have a really nice Peterson Pipe Zippo but I can't stand the taste of the lighter fluid. I didn't know they made inserts for them, that might be just what I am looking for. I don't necessarily need a lifetime warrantee, but thought that might be nice. Where do you guys get the butane zippo inserts?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
This one looks appealing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190850156878&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Status
Not open for further replies.