PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Just pointing out an instance where one member of the forum is treated markedly differently due to their gender. That's it.

I'm still jealous of your find there. Those Dunhills are amazingly well preserved.
Well, I like to be treated equally and I treat everyone equally. I joined here because I truly love pipes. I may not be as knowledgeable as all of you but at least I'm not afraid to post and ask questions and share like the rest of you. So far I've been treated with respect and that works for me. Thank you kindly.

Aug 1, 2012
Well, I like to be treated equally and I treat everyone equally. I joined here because I truly love pipes. I may not be as knowledgeable as all of you but at least I'm not afraid to post and ask questions and share like the rest of you. So far I've been treated with respect and that works for me. Thank you kindly.
Thanks for that. Personally, I would say that if you can find pipes like the ones you have shown so far, you are one of the more knowledgeable pipers here.

• Love
Reactions: Smoke Queen

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for that. Personally, I would say that if you can find pipes like the ones you have shown so far, you are one of the more knowledgeable pipers here.
I love you! ?? Thank you very much. You know I just really appreciate and adore and love pipes and pipe smoking. I'm a cigar smoker longer than pipe smoker but truthfully I absolutely adore pipes more. And I just want to keep growing and developing with pipes is all. So now, I'm collecting and smoking some really amazing pipes and I like to share here with you all because I believe that this group would appreciate it. So thank you! ??????

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I love the hot climate and I hate the cold and damn look where live! In one of the coldest places??? ???
Could be worse... you could live in Alaska. So cold you can carry propane in a pail. You're actually a little bit geographically south of where I live. I've sat in a deer stand in -20 F... Not recently, though. And the older I get the less tolerable I am of the winter cold.

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Could be worse... you could live in Alaska. So cold you can carry propane in a pail. You're actually a little bit geographically south of where I live. I've sat in a deer stand in -20 F... Not recently, though. And the older I get the less tolerable I am of the winter cold.
Well it can go get to -40 here with windchill ????????? needless to say I smoke inside and I look like the Michelin man with all the layers in the winter ?? I was born in El Salvador a very hot and humid country! I'm not made for this weather. But I've lived here for 35 years. One day I plan to move and live somewhere really hot all year round!

Reactions: JOHN72 and craig61a

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Well it can go get to -40 here with windchill ????????? needless to say I smoke inside and I look like the Michelin man with all the layers in the winter ?? I was born in El Salvador a very hot and humid country! I'm not made for this weather. But I've lived here for 35 years. One day I plan to move and live somewhere really hot all year round!
I usually don't pay much attention to windchills... ambient temp is what matters to me. Unless I'm naked and out in the open. And if that's the case, well then I've probably got some other bigger issues.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yeah, the greater Toronto area is hardly cold. Latitude and right next to big bodies of water make for very mild winters.

I remember when I traveled to Toronto in December AD 2017. The temps that day were around zero or even a bit above, and about to go a wee bit lower. Cab driver tells me, "whoa, sir! It's gonna be very cold in the next few days! Temperature is gonna be -10 °C!!"

I replied, "huh? It's -40 degrees in Saskatchewan right now (nominal, no wind chill). Minus ten is actually very nice". That killed the conversation, but well, ten below IS very nice.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I, however, seek to retire in something similar to Greenland..................Maybe you would like Fuerteventura or the iron island................

bayareabriar

May 8, 2019
If
I usually don't pay much attention to windchills... ambient temp is what matters to me. Unless I'm naked and out in the open. And if that's the case, well then I've probably got some other bigger issues.
it’s that cold, more likely like smaller issues.

• Haha
Reactions: jaytex1969