PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I searched the forums but didnt find what i was looking for. I currently only have 3 small baggies of tobacco. I have no pouches or tins or anything to store. Should I keep it in the refrigerator? What's the benefit of the pouches that i've seen in the shops?

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
I would recommend investing in some canning jars (mason or ball etc.) You can get a case of them at walmart for around $10

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Mason jars are great -- I use them all the time. But Zonomo here has *3 small baggies* of tobacco, so for him, right now, mason jars to store his small supply of tobacco is akin to killing an ant with a sledgehammer
True... but he could always go to the .99 cent store and buy just one mason jar and store all three baggies in it. :)
and btw... killing an ant with a sledgehammer still results in a dead ant... just with more flair :rofl:

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I got some jars from Target that you would put flour and sugar in. My tobacco seems to keep very well in there. I have plenty of mason jars from canning pickles.. Never even thought about it using them for some reason.
Thanks for the tip guys!
Jason

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
If you happen to buy deli style lunch meat, like Hillshire Farms, it comes in a reusable Tupperware type container. The size is perfect for a few baggies of tobacco. And they are essentially free if you already buy the meat! I reuse them for all kinds of things.

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Re: the pickle jars
Actually, I have extra mason jars never used for anything. I would use those and not the ones I used for pickles. I don't think pickle flavored tobacco would be pleasant (even though I love pickles). :)
Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.