PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Since the inception of this thread I've made big changes to my diet. I've realized that first of all, I was eating way too much sugar. Next, I realized I was eating way too many simple carbohydrates ( bread, bagels, rice, potatoes, chips, English muffins, etc.)
So, I stopped eating all that stuff. Now, my breakfast consists of unsweetened whole grains that have been soaked at least overnight. I add stuff like nutritional yeast flakes, ceylon cinnamon, ground flax and maybe some everything bagel seasoning.
I haven't eaten sugar in over 6 weeks except for one or two tablespoons (total) of pure maple syrup.
I've found that my craving for additional food has been reduced dramatically and the lakkaprotein* shakes that I was gettting have subsided.

* Lack of protein. Well, this might be what caused my rattling nervous system, but I'm sure it's related to sugar and 'glucose spikes'.

I'm not eating any processed food other than say, natural peanut butter, which is like pudding to me now. I will gain control over myself, eventually.