PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
From hell and back, here's my little volcano in its present state, sans stem because I haven't done it yet. What an education. When I tried to buff it, the effect was instantaneous and dramatic. What a shine....except for all the melted spots. I tried so hard to control it but to no avail. Wow, that shellac is soft.

So here it is, repaired and sanded to 12k, but not buffed. I will continue tweaking, and will buff it when I've built my 5-gang buffer. I have a 1hp 230v motor just waiting to be hooked up.

20210625_174853.jpg20210625_174822.jpg20210625_174727.jpg

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
That looks amazing. Very cool effect with the black going into the rustication like that. Beautiful pipe.
From hell and back, here's my little volcano in its present state, sans stem because I haven't done it yet. What an education. When I tried to buff it, the effect was instantaneous and dramatic. What a shine....except for all the melted spots. I tried so hard to control it but to no avail. Wow, that shellac is soft.

So here it is, repaired and sanded to 12k, but not buffed. I will continue tweaking, and will buff it when I've built my 5-gang buffer. I have a 1hp 230v motor just waiting to be hooked up.

View attachment 85967View attachment 85968View attachment 85969

Status
Not open for further replies.