PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collindow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I, too, am fairly new to pipe smoking (only six, seven months now) but there are two tobaccos that always find their way into my pipes: Mac Baren Black Ambrosia, and, lately, John Aylesbury Latakia Blend English Classic. The Latakia is what I use when just sitting out front, watching the sun rise or reading a new novel, and the Black Ambrosia is great for when I'm downtown or trying to get new people to appreciate pipes.

yannis

Lurker
Aug 20, 2010
So far McClelland Yenidje Supreme, I find this blend sweet and tasty anf I really enjoy it.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Has anyone ever tried McClelland's Town Topic? what did you think of it? I almost bought a tin today until my tobacconist gave me a few ounces of free trash can blend, and I think I might go back and get it tomorrow...

caliguy

Might Stick Around
Jul 30, 2010
Frog Morton is always on the shelf. I'm really getting to like Chelsea Morning as well.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
This is the fourth blend in the Middle Earth Pipeweed Series! Rich, dark Latakia is blended with mushrooms straight from Farmer Maggot's field to produce a truly unique smooth, creamy, earthy smoke with a hint of sweetness.
:D
(I don't really have a goto blend yet, but Petersons Luxury Blend is so popular with my wife I always have some of it around)

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
PA has always been my blend of first choice----but lately i have been trying to work on making the walgreen bulk blends a bit more palatable--one or two are pretty good for my tastes(which are philistine at best)

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have been smoking alot of Shortcut to Mushrooms from Just For Him. But I am trying some of the Samuel Gawith blends of late. To be continued......

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
So far 1 Q is my go to smoke but i have some Frog Morton coming and some Frog Morton on the Town im itching to try after hearing everyone talking about it. Also heard good things about Christmas Cheer so ordered a bit of that. Been wanting to try some non aromatics and see how they go.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
My go to blend is Wilshire from my local tobacco shop. According to them, it is the same as 1Q. I also have been keeping some Captain Black on hand. Both are good smokes.

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
don't know if my opinion counts because it's honestly the only tobacco I've smoked so far, but i love Captain Black

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Yep, your opinion always counts. I like the Captain myself, as does many others here. I've only tried the white label but will try out the gold label next.

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
ok good! i'm excited to try out the seven seas blends though. i was hanging out with some friends last night smoking my cob, and i think i converted four casual cigar smokers to the lighter side of the force. :)

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Sweet and Mild - A Golden Cavendish blend along with overtones of toasted Cherry. It is very smooth and has an excellent room aroma. History of this blend being born is back in 1998, Dan along with Russ Hess a customer that turned into a good friend. They worked on this blend till they got it just right. Now this is Russ's favorite all day smoke and many others who have discovered Sweet and Mild. Customers who smoke Sweet and Mild are often asked what is that sweet aroma/
This is a JM Boswell blend and can be ordered on line. I placed my order on a Thursday afternoon over the phone and had my baccy on Saturday in the mail, that's awesome customer service.
I still enjoy captain black gold, but sweet & mild is slowly taking over it's 2.50 an ounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.