PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabacco

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2020
GA - USA
Beautiful collections in this thread, beautiful pipes, congratulations!

I have two Castello's only. Both are beautiful. One smokes well and I enjoy smoking it, but the airflow on the other one is very open. I have to pack it very tight (sort of like a filtered cob without filter). I think I have read somewhere that Castello pipes are generous when comes to airflow, but my only experience is with those two.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Fumatore

Lurker
Oct 9, 2021
I have been a small time collector of higher end Italian pipes for many years. Have owned 2 or 3 Castello's (only one left).
If I may offer my humble opinion, IT'S THE GREAT WOOD.

Reactions: dunnyboy

Jmango

Lurker
Jun 28, 2022
As someone who collects mainly Italian pipes, I feel I can weigh in here... Having 74 Castello's (at the time of this writing), one of which is a birth year exhibition pipe carved by CS himself (pictured below), I can say that they hands down equal or exceed the quality and functional capabilities of pretty much every other carver(s) I own. They just do everything top standard and deliver a fine pipe - period. I have briars by other carvers who are considered to create exotic pipes also of high artistic standard (I own 20 Baldo Baldi pipes as well, for example). I'm not saying Castello is the absolute best, but they sure are indisputably among the absolute best...

Pics of exhibition pipe as noted above:

IMG_5042.JPG
IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.