Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I searched, but did not find an answer.
What is a rescued pipe?
What is the differences among cleaned pipes, refurbished pipes and rescued pipes?

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
if you ever, on your travels, come across a pipe who is sniffling, standing at a bus stop with a makeshift satchel and looking forlorn, you'd be heartless not to take it home and feed it some good tobacco. if you don't, odds are next thing you know the poor thing'll be sleeping in some back alley or subway tunnel, living off discarded cigar butts.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sometime you will be looking tru a yardsale and at the bottom of wooden box you may see an uncared for, scratched, oxidized and caked pipe looking at you tru an assortment of old tools etc. It is just crying for someone to take it home and love it. It's whole life, it has been wanting to be held, comforted, warmed and cared for. For just a few pennies a day, you too can make a difference in this pipes' life.

Aug 1, 2012
If you hear Sarah McLaughlin when you see the pipe, you know it's a "rescued pipe".
Seriously, zanthal appears to be right. It's a description that's been overused by some eBay sellers as well.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
As far as eBay goes it's a pipe someone wants to make a buck on yet doesn't feel it's work refurbishing. So an unrestored estate pipe might a decent definition.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
A pipe that you drop into the lake and are lucky enough to retrieve, dry out, and smoke again!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you hear Sarah McLaughlin when you see the pipe, you know it's a "rescued pipe".
:rofl:
This meerschaum was one I got for $10.99 on fleabay. It had a busted mortise and tenon. $3 worth of repairs and it became my favorite pipe. It's on its way to Walker right now for draft hole improvement. I'm pretty sure it would have ended up in the trash had I not bought it.
I need to take a new pic. The color has really come along.
Meerschaum1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.