What Do You Think of New SP Pipe Layout?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I went to look at the new pipes yesterday. It's one thing to bitch in the abstract, so let me bitch more specifically. The pictures are obviously much smaller seem smaller (they're not, actually), which makes it a pain (for me) to scan the selections. I can make out shape and color just fine, but anything beyond that requires squinting or clicking. More to the point, I almost always check out the new Petersons, the new Ashtons and the American estate pipes. I slogged through the American estate pipes, but I pretty much gave up on the Petersons. Does this mean I'll spend less money at SP? Yeah, probably. I'll still buy my tobaccos from there because I usually know what I'm looking for and I love the great service, but looking for pipes just won't be as enjoyable as before.
--Pitchfork, old codger in training

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The pictures are obviously much smaller, which makes it a pain (for me) to scan the selections.
I hate to tell you this, but I am pretty sure the pics are the same size as before. I went to the WayBackMachine to double check and they were 100x100px just as they are now.
http://web.archive.org/web/20140819205023/http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bo, that avatar was upright as a priest when it was on my desktop. When it came up sideways, I figured I could do

about 75 posts in the time it would take me to put it right, and now, so help me, I rather like it sideways, a small

eccentricity.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I hate to tell you this, but I am pretty sure the pics are the same size as before. I went to the WayBackMachine to double check and they were 100x100px just as they are now.
YOu're right. Maybe I'm just getting old.
But seriously, the way the pics are presented with more "stuff" around them makes it harder on the eyes my old-man eyes.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
But seriously, the way the pics are presented with more "stuff" around them makes it harder on the eyes my old-man eyes.
To tell the truth, my first impression of the grid layout was not so great either.
But, I also realize that I am probably just being an old codger myself and fighting change. I will say, I do appreciate that SOLD pipes are grayed out. Overall I think the site's looking good.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I nostalgically miss the old layout, but I don't really mind the new one - although I did like the list.
The new layout definitely makes signing in a little easier to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.