PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm starting the month off with a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching a couple of episodes of Wyatt Earp. The house has finally cooled down to 75. Thunderstorms outside are loud. I brought Daisy the Feral Princess and Abner the Eager in. Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy are hiding somewhere.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy showed up when the rain toned down. I fed both of them. Abner the Eager wanted to go out, so I let him. Tomato wanted out, and I just let him, too. At least everybody had a good meal.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Our Saturday afternoon ZOOM meeting covered a lot of conversational ground, from pipes and tobaccos to the solving of most of society problems. I smoked my Castello Sea Rock (KKKK) 49 filled with '21 Orlik Golden Sliced.
My usual Peach/Mango Green Tea in a tall glass with a fistful of bergs and a splash of Honey Jack was my beverage.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Smoking the second tobacco of the morning. With the first third of mb# Virginia Flake, in a Ser Jacopo. The first rain of September, was short but plentiful. A pleasant temperature, to smoke this sweet tobacco. I made another pot of coffee, with a good strong coffee, blacker and thicker than an oil puddle in the Jurassic era. I wish you a happy Sunday. And may God bless and protect you.IMG_4764[12923].jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
@JOHN72 The same front is moving through Southern France but its not dropping enough rain. Perhaps later.

Smoking some house lat belnd in a Ser jacopo. I need a better pic of this pipe.

View attachment 333644
That's right, friend Sigmund. It is curious, that on the first day of September, a generous cloud passed through the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to autumn. The French countryside (campiña) in autumn must be spectacular. Hey Sigmund. I enjoy your magnificent collection of pipes, they are very elegant and beautiful.

Reactions: PaulRVA

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
That's right, friend Sigmund. It is curious, that on the first day of September, a generous cloud passed through the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to autumn. The French countryside (campiña) in autumn must be spectacular. Hey Sigmund. I enjoy your magnificent collection of pipes, they are very elegant and beautiful.
Thank you and the same to you! You have some nice pipes. Now I need to stop buying them for a while. Im not sure if that will work.

Its cool today. I may have to put on long pants.

Reactions: PaulRVA and JOHN72