PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pulled pork sandwiches with slaw on the bun, with potato salad on the side. I'll do a coin toss between Malbec red and bourbon on the rocks for later. Pipe-wise, I'm cueing up with McC's Dark Star in a Kaywoodie billiard; later, I'll see. I've spent much more time in LA than Cincinnati, but have fond memories of two business trips to Cinci and Covington across the river, so I may pull for the underdog. If the game goes lopsided, I may cede to my wife's interest in a show series we've been watching, but she's amenable to finish the game if it is a cliff hanger or at least an admirable battle. Those are some spectacular spreads of food posted here. Ain't nobody going to leave the house hungry!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
In college, my fraternity threw large super bowl parties with a spread similar to yours (nice job by the way).

The basement was packed with couches and a wall of TVs facing both ways divided the room. Add some adult beverages, regular squares, and squares involving bets on various drunken behaviors (first to toss their cookies, first spill), and it was a fun time.

Now, I'm older and boring. I lost interest in following sports while in grad school.

Usually, I might watch here and there with more of an interest in the commercials. Tonight, I just want Stafford to win. The feeling is shared by most of Michigan.

I mean, he leaves the Lions and retires Brady while going to the Superbowl in the first year?!? Maybe we will get lucky and Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson will purchase the Lions. Hey, a Detroiter can dream, right?

Reactions: Streeper541

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
In college, my fraternity threw large super bowl parties with a spread similar to yours (nice job by the way).
The fraternity house is where I honed my super bowl spread skills.

I however, am hoping for a Bengals win. I can't believe I'd ever say that. Being in Ohio, I gotta root for the home team. Plus, as a faithful member of the Dawg Pound... I hate OBJ.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant