PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
I'm having a dram of Argentine whisky...even as a Scot I have to say it's not bad. At least they know how to spell Whisky!! ?

20211029-204708.jpg

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Is it made from malted barley? Interesting the bottle mentions William Wallace and is called Gloucester. Greetings from the motherland.???????
The whisky industry has been thriving for years here. No idea about this blend but others use Scottish malt. For around £1.75 a bottle I'm not complaining. Is it still raining there? ?

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
The whisky industry has been thriving for years here. No idea about this blend but others use Scottish malt. For around £1.75 a bottle I'm not complaining. Is it still raining there? ?
Yes, I am in the Borders, its pretty bad, the Tweed has burst its banks but luckily no property damage yet in Peebles. Enjoy the whisky. Chilling out here listening to Unkle with a Ledaig 10yo. Not enjoyed the pipe this week having been choked with the cold. What type of blend do you have in the Falcon?
IMG-20211028-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Samuel Grant bourbon. My budget allows some modest indulgence in tobacco, but not booze.
I'd suggest Evan Williams White Label, bottled-in-bond so 100 proof and 4 years old. Very affordable and good. Should be close in price point. I majored in affordable whiskey in college. If you're ever in Oregon I'll pour you a dram or so.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'd suggest Evan Williams White Label, bottled-in-bond so 100 proof and 4 years old. Very affordable and good. Should be close in price point. I majored in affordable whiskey in college. If you're ever in Oregon I'll pour you a dram or so.
Thanks for the recommendation and the offer of a dram! I do buy the Evan Williams black label so now I’ll try the white.
I think I majored in pool table.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Thanks for the recommendation and the offer of a dram! I do buy the Evan Williams black label so now I’ll try the white.
I think I majored in pool table.
I like the Evan White more than the Black, and it's less expensive also. The Black is a mix, so it has both some older (which is nice) but also some younger stuff (which makes it sweeter) and is 86 proof (if memory serves). The White is 4 years old, so it has a 'solid' flavor for me, and at 100 proof will stand up to ice (on a hot day) and also mixing. I drink it straight and also use it for Manhattans, which is our house drink, we keep a pre-made pitcher handy...

PS I flunked Pool Table 101, so choose to study Whiskey instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.