Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
View attachment 183627

Belgian beer that I bought purely for the alcohol content (8%) , also had a bottle of the blue label that I preferred more, this one was just too bitter on the after taste for me.

Don't think I'll have either again anytime soon, both where about $9 AUD each, more or less a once off.

But you only live once and I've been keen to try a Belgian beer.
The Chimay Blue is a good one - originally a Christmas ale. The red one is good as well. So many different styles of Belgian beer to try.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
The Chimay Blue is a good one - originally a Christmas ale. The red one is good as well. So many different styles of Belgian beer to try.

It is, knowing that it's tied to Christmas means I'm going to have to buy some more 😄 Will look out for a red label as well.

I'm just not sure if I'm getting ripped off on the price of these in Australia ; about $9 a bottle, wouldn't mind knowing what others pay in their part of the world.

On the other hand it could be taxed higher here for the high alchohol content, who knows 🙄

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
It is, knowing that it's tied to Christmas means I'm going to have to buy some more 😄 Will look out for a red label as well.

I'm just not sure if I'm getting ripped off on the price of these in Australia ; about $9 a bottle, wouldn't mind knowing what others pay in their part of the world.

On the other hand it could be taxed higher here for the high alchohol content, who knows 🙄
No - those are the prices too in Quebec, Canada where I live too. If you want to try an even BETTER one - try Trappistes Rochefort 10 - an AMAZING ale!

Attachments

• Rochefort.jpg
    Rochefort.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI
Started my night with a Mexican coffee (tequila, coffee liqueur, coffee, cinnamon, whip cream) and now im just gonna sit back and enjoy a few rum and cokes. The rum is far from anything to rave about (AdmiralNelson). Its what was left of my late step fathers alcohol, i enjoy thinking of him while i drink it.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Well, Susan confused me when she said she had to give me my Christmas present early on December 1st. I now know why. She got me the 2022 Flaviar Advent Calendar, “The Depths of Whiskey," which contains twenty-four vials of whiskey, a Flaviar Glencairn glass, Flaviar coaster, and a tasting notes book.

IMG_20221201_223501.jpg

IMG_20221201_223514.jpg

IMG_20221201_223535.jpg

IMG_20221201_223621.jpg

IMG_20221201_223847.jpg

IMG_20221201_224409.jpg

We’re sharing the first vial in two Wee Glencairn glasses.

There’s apple and pear on the nose, some caramel, both nose and taste; floral note on the nose and taste—rosewater, perhaps? Susan detects a chemical note. Kind of reminds her of lipstick. I get some bubble gum/confectioner sugar.

I’ll look up which whiskey it is tomorrow and post here. What a fun gift!

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Well, Susan confused me when she said she had to give me my Christmas present early on December 1st. I now know why. She got me the 2022 Flaviar Advent Calendar, “The Depths of Whiskey," which contains twenty-four vials of whiskey, a Flaviar Glencairn glass, Flaviar coaster, and a tasting notes book.

View attachment 184576

View attachment 184577

View attachment 184578

View attachment 184579

View attachment 184580

View attachment 184581

There’s apple and pear on the nose, some caramel, both nose and taste; floral note on the nose and taste—rosewater, perhaps? Susan detects a chemical note. Kind of reminds her of lipstick. I get some bubble gum/confectioner sugar.

What a great gift idea!

Amarkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2022
Northeast MI

View attachment 184576

View attachment 184577

View attachment 184578

View attachment 184579

View attachment 184580

View attachment 184581

I am so jealous 😩