Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Our friend, John, was kind enough to pick up a large coffee for me at Turkey Hill.

20240701_095505.jpg

On Saturday, before UFC, we popped in Cigars International and Famous Smokes to pick up cigars. Cigars International was having a clambake and Scratch ’n’ Dent sale; I picked up a dozen Peterson pipe storage boxes (John got two, not shown) that hold six pipes in each.

20240701_095731.jpg

20240701_100107.jpg

greysmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2011
South Coatesville, PA
www.greysmoke.com
I gave up alcohol, for the most part, in February, for health reasons. (I also gave up fruit juices, soda -- fluid-derived calories in general.) Since then, I've lost 18 pounds with no other effort and it's showing every sign of staying off. I am, and feel, healthier. I drink 2-3 cans per day of seltzer water, 2 cups of black coffee per day, and a few glasses of tap water in between. (I have imbibed a beer on three family celebratory occasions since Feb. It's not an ethical choice.)

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Romanian Vișinată (homemade cherry liqueur). I made it about a month ago with cherries I picked up from the farmers market. Things cost so much there, I tend to just get produce and handmade items in small amounts. Anyway, I infused the cherries with brandy, and added sugar. I enjoy a shot every now and then with a bit of half n' half to make it creamy. When I was in college, there was a cigar bar behind one of the main buildings that I would go to with a friend once in a while. We would smoke dannemann sweets cigarillos and drink white russians. Good times. Here is the video where I got the recipe from:

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Romanian Vișinată (homemade cherry liqueur). I made it about a month ago with cherries I picked up from the farmers market. Things cost so much there, I tend to just get produce and handmade items in small amounts. Anyway, I infused the cherries with brandy, and added sugar. I enjoy a shot every now and then with a bit of half n' half to make it creamy. When I was in college, there was a cigar bar behind one of the main buildings that I would go to with a friend once in a while. We would smoke dannemann sweets cigarillos and drink white russians. Good times. Here is the video where I got the recipe from:

This is very similar to cherry bounce, which George Washington made.

I used to infuse my own liquor and liqueurs. Cherry bourbon and apricot brandy were favorites.

• Love
Reactions: Marie

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
This is very similar to cherry bounce, which George Washington made.

I used to infuse my own liquor and liqueurs. Cherry bourbon and apricot brandy were favorites.
Thanks for the link. :) I have slowly been getting into infused liqueurs. I tried infusing vodka with strawberry tops, and the vișinată I ran across haphazardly while looking for something to do with the farmers market cherries. Your cherry bourbon and apricot brandy sound delicious! I tried Crown Royal's Peach Whiskey over the last several months and that was really tasty. They have other flavors I want to try as well.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant