PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yabo71

Lurker
Jan 12, 2014
Mustafa Albayrak (carver of IMP meerschaum) has launched a new line of meerschaum pipes.

Slighly more expensive than imp line.
Pipes look great.
I have just come across his website : www.wgmmeerschaumpipes.com.
Anyone here has ordered a pipe from him ?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Very nice pipes particularly the 'cutty' style for $195 - I am so tempted but I have already purchase 9 antique pipes this month and its only the 15th so I think I am on PAD over drive here. :lol:

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Hmmm... Integral tenons, lined mortises, "briar type engineering", "Superior Quality Handmade leather coated wooden coffin case"...
This all sounds very familiar.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Very elegant pipes. I hope to own one someday, but I've got a few more briars further up on the list. I would, however, like to see how they smoke compared to a briar.

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Is this information accurate? Some of the most reputable dealers carry WGM... Even reputable Turkish Meerschaum vendors carry WGM. Jason, do you know this about WGM or are you just giving thumbs up to the "avoid Storient" comment?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have a history with Yavuz and Storient. My pipe is a fine pipe, however the customer service sucked. Having a good go-between vendor to take care of it may be OK, but I wouldn't do it again.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
CA
"WGM" trademark filings list Yavuz as the owner. The same Yavuz from Storient so very certain of the affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.