PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chero

Can't Leave
Dec 25, 2010
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_HONDURAS_NO_SMOKING?SITE=NCWIN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Interesting considering how much of their economy is supported by cigar manufacturing. I guess they see it as "made here, smoked elsewhere".

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Arresting somebody in their own home for producing 2nd hand smoke is absurd. My God! Talk about intrusive government! If that starts to happen in the U.S. I think a lot of police officers are going to get hurt trying to enforce the law.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
"He did praise Honduras for adopting a broad anti-smoking law, noting it is only the 29th nation to adopt such a law out of WHO's 193 member states"
Are you freaking kidding me?
This article is about the law being too difficult to enforce, which might encourage an all-out ban (even if your own home) in the coming years. Furthermore the law is very easy to enforce, though a lot of people won't complain because they realize putting their friends and family through that for lighting up is just plain stupid -- and it seems they are arguing that people not wanting to put their friends and family in jail is more of a difficulty of enforcement than it is an issue of a law that has gone WAY too far. . .. Top that off with the fact this law will be absolutely WAY too easy to abuse (get in a fight with someone, go say they smoked while you were) and Honduras isn't exactly known for their due process. . .

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
I was stationed in Honduras. There is a about as much chance of this law being inforced as their is a pink pig flying over your house right now.. Beautiful women, but man what a sthole. By the way, my friend, a honduran took me to see the train that Dole built for the nation. Dole exploits this nation like they are dirty stray dogs. Dole built this train as a "contribution" to society or whatever. Man, I've had bigger trains go around the Christmas Tree when I was a kid. I thought it was a joke, but it is reality. Anyways, smoking tobacco is the least of this nations problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.