Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
When I first started reading these forums there were a few blends that were more repeatedly mentioned as 'must try' or exquisitely divine, or this is the strongest.
Penzance​
Nightcap​
Escudo​
Stonehaven​
HH Old Dark Fired​
On youtube, I'd watch guys who regularly posted their favorites:
Haunted Bookshop - Matches 360​
Cult Blood Red Moonn - Daddy Dagner​
Anything that would burn - Northwest Pipe Smoker
If you know about tobaccoreviews.com, you can read about almost any blend produced, and you'll discover that JimInks has reviewed more blends than anyone, and his favorite tobacco is a codger blend with burley base and spiced cookie toppings.
Jim's reviews have been invaluable in learning about tobacco,

Last edited:

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Yes, to what Paul said. Just order in a bunch of 1 or 2 oz packs online. Get some from numerous categories. That way you cant go wrong and its cheap. I think smokingpipes.com has a lot of bulk. Dont throw away what you dont like. It may grow on you over time or you may use it to play around with making your own blends.

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia

🤣He always likes to say he’s not a tobacco snob. He also doesn’t like nicotine. I think he pops a tin sometimes, smokes a bowl and sets that tin aside. Then he comes back to that same totally dried out tin ten years later to fill one of his old Custombilts and make a YouTube video. What a great man. I’ve always enjoyed his videos.

As for this thread, I would go immediately to that member on here who provides samples in a huge bundle as recommended already. I’ve been thinking about it myself but I’m worried about what Canadian customs would do with a package like that. They have a hard enough time getting taxes and duties correct on properly labelled invoices from SmokingPipes.com.

Fuelman

Might Stick Around
Apr 20, 2024
Indiana
When I first started reading these forums there were a few blends that were more repeatedly mentioned as 'must try' or exquisitely divine, or this is the strongest.
Penzance​
Nightcap​
Escudo​
Stonehaven​
HH Old Dark Fired​
On youtube, I'd watch guys who regularly posted their favorites:
Haunted Bookshop - Matches 360​
Cult Blood Red Moonn - Daddy Dagner​
If you know about tobaccoreviews.com, you can read about almost any blend produced, and you'll discover that JimInks has reviewed more blends than anyone, and his favorite tobacco is a codger blend with burley base and spiced cookie toppings.
Jim's reviews have been invaluable in learning about tobacco,
Did you mean Matches 860?

Reactions: newbroom