PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
Found several boxes of old ashtrays in my junk pile. Most have pipe motif from English pipe shops and makers with built in cork knockers, that I kept for display in the man cave. A few are used like a large brass cuspidor next to leather chair. The antiques came in all shapes and material ie copper, cut glass and fine China. Most came from junk shops or garage sales at reasonable price. Must have ash tray disorder at that time. Donated several to the pipe club.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The only pipe-related thing I ever found in a Goodwill occurred years ago when I found a large floor-standing ashtray made of cut, amber-colored glass sitting on a black metallic stand. I bought it for $5. Only 1 I use which I find handier than having an ash tray on the smallish end table next to the recliner I always smoke in in our den.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wouldn't you know, my main ashtray where I usually smoke is a rectangular condiment dish (for food) in bright red that I bought at Walmart. I do have one actual ashtray in the Missouri motif, with various Missouri landmarks, and the cigarette grooves, where I perch my pipes, match box, pipe nail and spent matches, on the bedside table. The cigarette grooves cradle the pipe stems nicely, especially with straight pipes.