PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I know I'm no expert, but I enjoy making pipes and I've noticed a growing membership here that wants to try making a pipe themselves. So I thought I'd throw this out there.
I have a decent shop and a pretty good supply of briar that I'd be willing to donate, sort of.
If anyone on these forums would be interested in getting together for a bit of pipe making and would like to get together, I'd love for you to come share in my shop. I'd be glad to supply the block, drill it and mount a stem.
What I'd do is drill a couple so that anyone interested could get started shaping and then start showing others how I drill a block, them helping of course and also show them how I re-work a pre-made stem by adding a tenon and do some sanding and shaping the stem to match the pipe I want to make.
Of course, depending on how many might be interested, I'd say this would take a couple days, so you'd have to plan on camping here or staying in a local hotel.
I'll wait to see if anyone is interested before I start looking into planning this.
If anyone here is interested just PM. I work for myself so I can work around others schedules, but weekends are best and I also have a fellow pipe maker that would be glad to help out.
This could turn out to be great fun......... We could work out meals here as I love to BBQ and we can do more than just mess with briar as well. :)
I'm thinking if anyone is interested that we could do this sometime in the next month or so..... just depends on what others want to do.
I'm 35 miles south of Rolla Missouri.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Bob, the St. Louis Airport is about 125 miles from me. If I could work it out to pick up people and drop them back off close together, I may even be able to arrange some transportation.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If you can get enough people I will come. Course I plan on getting to your place one of these days anyway! After my trip to NC and then buying a huge Dr. Grabow store display I am pretty much shot for this month. This is a great idea and even better if the "Bear" can be there also. Ed.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I've been wanting to try it for a couple of months now, great initiative, but I'm afraid the plane ticket from Sweden is a tad bit expensive. :P

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
I am in the same boat as nemrod. would love to come but from New Zealand is even more than sweden. But it would be a awesome experience and one day i do plan to visit your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.