PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
The Tinder Box in Dublin, OH has a very large assortment of top quality pipes, beautifully displayed in nice cases. The pipe tobacco offered is excellent, too. I bought the Ardor shown and then made my way to their large smoking lounge. This is a must stop for pipe smokers while near Columbus.

Attachments

• IMG_6728.jpeg
    IMG_6728.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6729.jpeg
    IMG_6729.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6730.jpeg
    IMG_6730.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6731.jpeg
    IMG_6731.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6732.jpeg
    IMG_6732.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6733.jpeg
    IMG_6733.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6737.jpeg
    IMG_6737.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6734.jpeg
    IMG_6734.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 26

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
The Tinder Box in Dublin, OH has a very large assortment of top quality pipes, beautifully displayed in nice cases. The pipe tobacco offered is excellent, too. I bought the Ardor shown and then made my way to their large smoking lounge. This is a must stop for pipe smokers while near Columbus.
Nice looking shop!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I had a totally different experience at the Tacoma store. Very few pipes and a limited assortment of jarred tobacco and no more than a dozen tins. At eleven dollars and some change per ounce of loose tobacco, I walk out empty handed. They did have an ok selection of cigars and a good selection of bongs, vapes and cheap Chinese knives. The staff couldn't have cared less if I was there.

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
1. When I mentioned that I was a member of the NASPC, the Dublin store gave me a 10% discount off the pipe which shows on the sales slip. Everyone should consider joining the North America Society of Pipe Collectors. The savings on that pipe alone paid for my dues plus+.

2. It’s my understanding that each TinderBox is owned by a franchisee. There was another one 10 miles from Dublin OH, and only 300 yards from our hotel in Columbus’ Easton suburb. Very friendly with a small indoor area to smoke, but the pipes were “basket type” and they only had Peterson tins of tobacco. I bought two tins and talked up pipes with them. They were doing a very brisk business in cigars while I was there.

3. I might add that Columbus is one of 11 cities that as of January 1 banned the sale of any tobacco with flavoring on its label. For instance, they are no longer allowed to sell the popular “Sweet Jane” branded cigars from Drew Estates

Last edited:

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV

Thx for the post, Is it near the mall?

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
1. When I mentioned that I was a member of the NASPC, the Dublin store gave me a 10% discount off the pipe which shows on the sales slip. Everyone should consider joining the North America Society of Pipe Collectors. The savings on that pipe alone paid for my dues plus+.

2. It’s my understanding that each TinderBox is owned by a franchisee. There was another one 10 miles from Dublin OH, and only 300 yards from our hotel in Columbus’ Easton suburb. Very friendly with a small indoor area to smoke, but the pipes were “basket type” and they only had Peterson tins of tobacco. I bought two tins and talked up pipes with them. They were doing a very brisk business in cigars while I was there.

3. I might add that Columbus is one of 11 cities that as of January 1 banned the sale of any tobacco with flavoring on its label. For instance, they are no longer allowed to sell the popular “Sweet Jane” branded cigars from Drew Estates
Don't forget the.nice outdoor seating next door.. Not many places you can basically sit outside the TB (easton) door in comfortable seating pit, and be served beer and watch the eye candy stroll past.

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
Don't forget the.nice outdoor seating next door.. Not many places you can basically sit outside the TB (easton) door in comfortable seating pit, and be served beer and watch the eye candy stroll past.
Yep, thank you for mentioning this outdoor eating. I enjoyed eggs Benedict and a cup of coffee with my pipe every morning on this sidewalk cafe.