PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I can't believe I missed this thread. McB Vanilla Cream Flakes are probably my very favorite thing to smoke at this point. :puffy:

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
how is that in this summer heat? because it sounds like a must try.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
fshu2, In the summer I usually wait until around dusk before lighting up and enjoy my pipe and tobacco on the patio when it cools down some. Like many I tend to gravitate towards Virginia blends and away from aros during the summer months. The McB Vanilla Cream is a Virginia and black Cavendish blend with a heavy dose of vanilla which I guess pegs it as an aromatic. That being said while the vanilla flavor is definately in foreground of this smoke I do notice and enjoy the Virginia component especially as the bowl progresses. Instead of that thick cloying wetness found with many aromatics the vanilla seems to back off a bit into background and the natural tobacco taste from the Virginia takes over for the second half of the bowl. I'm nuts for the stuff!
Ultimately it's up to you to decide if it's a good warm weather smoke or not. Regardless get a tin and try it out. If for some strange reason it's not for you it shouldn't be hard at all to find a new home for it.

ruffinogold

Lurker
Jul 4, 2012
Altadis makes some killer Vanilla Aros [ I like Galleria Classic Vanilla ] . I dig MB Vanilla also . The CAO Bella Vanilla is very enjoyable and I'm kind of leaning toward it being a favorite Vanilla ... but I honestly dont have a favorite one . PS makes a few vanilla blends that I like also .

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I'm probably going to get a few laughs and stares for this one, but I really like Super Value Vanilla. It's the only vanilla I've tried, mainly because I'm broke at the moment, and other than that and Captain Black, I'm smoking stuff I bought well over a year ago.

texasclay

Lurker
Jan 10, 2013
I smoke a vanilla custard its a blend from lone star tobacco I'm down to my last couple of bowls so I don't know how I am gonna make it to Monday when they open to get more. Help!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Eric Stokkebye 4th Generation 1957. Smoothest vanilla tobacco I have ever smoked. I have had 25 bowls out of my first tin so far, in 25 days. Great stuff.

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
H&H Vischer Ferry has been the best and most consistent for me , good stuff. I also tried Alt Vanilla Custard bulk and the first bowl was fantastic and a couple days later it lost a lot of taste but I keep going back to it just to make sure it's not me.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Boswell vanilla cream, raspberry cream, choc cream, peaches and cream, pipers pleasure, bear blend and I always include Northwoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.