PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Noah Slasinski. Noah is a 28-year old pipe smoker from Michigan. His interview is part of our ongoing series of pipe smokers that are under the age of 30. He started with a Missouri Meerschaum hard wood pipe in his late teens and then tried just about every type of tobacco smoking and vaping, but eventually came back exclusively to pipe smoking about a year and a half ago. YouTube videos and Paul’s Pipe Shop in Flint MI helped him along the way. Similar to some of our other younger pipe enthusiasts, Noah was influenced by writers and intellectuals that he appreciates, such as Carl Jung, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Mark Twain and more, as they were all pipe smokers. At the top of the show we will have a trip report on the NASPC show from this past weekend in Colombus from Dave Peterson.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Noah-Slasinski.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr

rmcnabb

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2024
If they expect to grow pipe smoking, or anything else, then this is the demographic they have to appeal to.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don’t envy you doing all that work with the computer. My knowledge of computers is limited to the on/off button.

Columbus show sounded like a blast. I did see a lot of pictures with vintage tins. Heard they were going for a good deal. Can’t wait for the Vegas show!

147 different blends! 🤯. I have a fairly decent sized cellar, but nowhere near that kind of variety. I agree, it’d be nice to educate society about tobacco pipes in general.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Went to the NASPC show which was my first one. I was told it was much smaller than Chicago or Vegas but I was still blown away by how many pipes and tobaccos there were. My favorite tables were the carvers. Each one was eager to talk to you and answer any questions and it didn't matter if they were just starting out or The King of Pipes.

Like Dave said the show started out very strong on Friday, was quite good on Saturday through about 1pm, then got pretty sparse after that. Some tables certainly sold out and I'm guessing others just wanted to get back before it was too late in the day. Also, having a table can be quite a grind as I found out. Still, hearing how you guys ask people LVIPS to stay until the end is really great.

I didn't buy a pipe at the show which was surprising but I also didn't find anything (in my price range) that absolutely grabbed me and I didn't want to buy something just to make a memory.

Looking forward to coming back next year and hopefully to the LVIPS one day.

Reactions: kcghost