Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Please pardon the repeat from the new pipe thread, but I wanted to have my own thread too. Hopefully, the mods won't ban me. :nana:
Made by Anthony at Acme Wood Turning with a real amber stem.
acme-wood-turning-01.jpg

acme-wood-turning-02.jpg

Kesling Pipe made by Don Kesling
kesling-01.jpg

kesling-02.jpg

kesling-03.jpg

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Do you like the "mouth feel" of the amber? I have never tried one but have been curious. I think it would be neat to have a pipe stemmed like that. Both very nice looking pipes.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Nice pipes! My only amber experience involved a meer pipe I broke ( dropped the dang thing ), but I remember the amber stem was really soft and showed tooth marks like crazy.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Hey guys, here's the deal on the Acme pipe with the amber stem.
I haven't smoke it yet, and I can't until he sends it to me. After I bought it, I noticed that the hole needed to be drilled slightly further into the bowl. He just missed a tad with the drill. It had to go like 1/32nd of an inch further. He has to fix that in his shop and then send me the pipe. I was bummed because I wanted to smoke it right away.
I was told by a few people at the show that I should not bite or clench that amber stem. I am a clencher, but I guess I will have to smoke this pipe different. I just loved the look of it and had to buy it.
I bite hard too, as I heard a crack twice as I was smoking the new Kesling. Yikes!
Here are some photos of the Kesling lip opened wide up with my Nording to show a standard cut.
The Kesling is on top here.
kesling-nording-725.jpg

Kesling

kesling-lip-01-725.jpg

Kesling

kesling-lip-02-725.jpg

Nording

nording-725.jpg

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Kevin, you're going to find that the Kesling's open draw is very addictive. If you find yourself sneaking up on your other pipes late at night with a cordless drill hidden behind your back, seek immediate medical attention! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.