PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
went to the wharf in dayton and straus in cincinnati this weekend and grabbed some new tobaccos. the goal was to get some english tobaccy.

got Frog Morton out on the town, and Across the Pond, a tin of 3oaks, half pound of burley supreme, and fountain square fromstraus. also grabbed some english/oriental house blend from the wharf, and four ounces of an insanely tight cube cut burley.

absolutely loving the frog morton blends and the english/oriental.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Sounds like you have enough tobacco for a long time!! But like they say, you can never have enough tobacco!!

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I've been to the Wharf once. Lovely place. I hope to go there again when I'm visiting the girlfriend once she heads back to college. She can help me find another blend, though I've got baccy coming out of the gills now.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I haven't been back to Dayton or Cincinnati in many years (before I started smoking a pipe). Might have to check out Straus when I get up to my dad's place in KY.
Enjoy, Jason. Sounds like a great score. I bought some FMOTT recently, just haven't tried it yet.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
FMOTT is my "English" staple. I've got some Mac Baren Vintage Syrian… I wonder what mixing a bit of that in would be like…?
Simon

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
really been digging the FMOTT! good stuff.

been smoking alot of the English/Oriental from the Wharf also. But the FMOTT is in the lead.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
marmal4de i got a tin of across the pond but haven't tried that one yet.

had a bowl of the three oaks today... yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.