PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Two nights ago I did a little home blending and came up with something I'm REALLY enjoying. If you have the components on hand you might want to give this a try.

I liked it so much, I made enough tonight for about 4 more bowls.
This is the ratio for a single bowl

1 pinch of Prince Albert

1 &1/2 pinches of Lane BCA

1/4 of a P.S. Lux. Navy Flake
Very satisfying, a bowl of this and I'm set for the evening.If you try it, let me know what you think.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
On the initial light tonight, I could immediately taste the BCA, midway into the bowl, the PA came to the forefront, and occasionally you would get a caramel like flavor. Towards the bottom of the bowl, the Navy Flake became very pronounced, but was mellowed nicely by the BCA I'm imagining.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
I have been contemplating mixing the PA with BCA now i will, only i dont have any Navy lake.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I'm actually considering trying it minus the Navy Flake myself. The Navy Flake got really heavy near the end of the last bowl, almost like I was smoking it straight. It's probably because it's the slowest burning of the three tobaccos, and it's outlasting the rest of the blend.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm curious how you mixed these up. Did you just toss them in a pile or did you get them all together and rub them? Also, did you rub out the Navy Flake? I only ask because cutting it up into smallish cubes might help. Maybe.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Hmmm. This is starting to sound like something I'm going to try. Gotta get some PA first. Was never a fan of it before but maybe it just needs some help.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.