PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Simple enough if you could trade every ounce of tobacco in your cellar for an equal amount of one tobacco and year what would it be. This is not to sell or anything, this is all you get and you have to smoke it.

I'd trade it all away for Carolina Red Flake w/Perique. I'm going through about a tin a week, random years but same tobacco even the 2023 was great to me, I found some online but it's in Florida so i need to do a drop ship to someone and have them send it to me, don't feel like doing the 85% excise tax.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
There is a lot of my cellar I would trade but not for one blend. I wouldn't trade any of my McClelland stash. And I would trade for Sir John's Flake Virginia, F&T CVP and Vintage, Capstan Blue/Gold Flake, Vauen No 14 and MB HH Pure Virginia and Virginia Flake.

Who is charging 85% excise tax? I just bought 35 tins of Sir John's Flake Virginia from SP, TP and WCC and none of them charged excise tax.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
There is a lot of my cellar I would trade but not for one blend. I wouldn't trade any of my McClelland stash. And I would trade for Sir John's Flake Virginia, F&T CVP and Vintage, Capstan Blue/Gold Flake, Vauen No 14 and MB HH Pure Virginia and Virginia Flake.

Who is charging 85% excise tax? I just bought 35 tins of Sir John's Flake Virginia from SP, TP and WCC and none of them charged excise tax.
Payless, since they are in FL and I if i got it shipped to FL it's 85%, only place i've seen with CRF w/P still in stock. I think i'll just have a buddy in NY accept it and then slap a new label on the box and send it right back out to me.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
WCC is about to release Simply Red Cake with Perique in a few weeks.
I have quite a bit of 2018 simply red which i like, their stuff lately has too much of the vinegar they use on it for my tastes, plus didn't they just bump the prices quite a bit, seems they were much cheaper last year at release time. The lost me when they started to force people to buy top shelf pipes to buy esoterica blends. It's their business they can do what they like but i don't need to spend my money there.

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I have way too many blends jarred up in Ball jars in my cellar at this point due to the past few years of trial and error figuring out what I do and don't like, 87 by the count I just did, and I'd honestly like to get rid of the vast majority of them. It's about 130 ounces altogether, so figure about 8 pounds, but would I trade them all away for just one blend?

Sure. Gimme 8 pounds of Cornell & Diehl Briar Fox and that'd be just fine by me. I'll smoke it. Heck, I'd settle for 4 pounds just to get rid of this mountain of Ball jars! 😅

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Payless, since they are in FL and I if i got it shipped to FL it's 85%, only place i've seen with CRF w/P still in stock. I think i'll just have a buddy in NY accept it and then slap a new label on the box and send it right back out to me.
Don't despair. My experience with Payless is they list stuff frequently they don't actually have in stock.