PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pseudonym

Lurker
May 10, 2012
Hi guys, this is my first post here. I just registered as I couldn't find any recommendations on B&Ms in Toronto with a quick search. I'm planning on moving there at the end of the summer and I'd like to have a decent source of pipe tobacco when I get there. Most of the tobacconists I found on Google either didn't have a website, or didn't have much in the way of pipe tobacco.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Pseudonym, we're glad to have you.

Your question is a good one.

We have many Members that are your fellow countrymen.

I'm quite sure they will gladly be of assistance.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well I've only been to two there but I'll say what I can.
Casablanca on King West is fairly decent place with some selection of tobaccos. I don't recall seeing any bulk but I wasn't exactly looking for it so maybe it was just somewhere hidden. Definitely geared more towards cigars but they do have a selection of pipes aimed more in the high end.
Thomas Hinds on Cumberland I liked more for the selection of tobaccos. Bulk was out in the open with a nice display of tins behind the counter and a nice selection of pipes. Sort of underwhelming walking in for the large amount of empty space in the shop but that's only a failing on the design front. They'd definitely be my go to if I lived in the area.
Only a little ways east in Oshawa there's my go to of Victory Cigars if you're up for a bit of a trip. They mainly have a nice varied selection of bulk blends from Brigham and a reasonable selection of tins which it seems that they're seeing to expanding. They've only been open a few years and Kevin and Julian, the owners, are damn decent guys and I'm sure would look to getting what you'd like. They also host pipe nights for the pipe smokers to gather, commune, and browse pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.